Monday, June 28, 2010

City of Lights



The City of Lights in our very own backyard!

It’s really astonishing that I-Berhad created it’s very own City of Lights within the city of Shah Alam! Since it’s opening late last year, many travelers on the main federal highways were astounded by the multi-color lights of the trees that seems to sprouts out of nowhere overnight!

One day it’s all concrete in semi-darkness of construction and next, it’s Christmas in the air! The wonders of these attractive lights drove many curious visitors to the very heart of the latest development – I-City… me included!

The 1st visit was out of curiosity as I drove around in circle trying to find the entrance into this amazing place.  Arriving just before sunset on this very hot, hot day – it’s was really a sight to behold as the setting sun provided an amazing views complimented by the colorful lights from the trees!  And as darkness descends, I saw that they were really, really sad looking plastic trees that were hooked with lights, not exactly convincing enough with its fake looking leaves.

Not what I expected to see as we have an abundance of the real stuff all around us, it’s depressing to realize that we city folks do find amusement in this fake wonderland. 

On the other hand, if we do find ourselves in need of an excuse to get out of the house. Then maybe, you may want to take your camera along for some photography. Even though I am not a fan of this place, I found myself making a ‘bee-line’ there for the 2nd visit which were a total disastrous decision as the place where jam-packed with visitors.  And I find myself obligated to visit it for the 3rd time, as I accompanied my dear folks for a stroll in this very ‘fake’ park. Surprisingly, they were rather surprised and fascinated by the beautiful display of lights.

In the end, I guess in our busy lifestyles we always miss the day so much so that when darkness falls; this fake wonderland do actually provided a fantasy world of make-believe for most of us…